Miss TVC's Seasonal Recipes
Salmon Cakes & Newburg Sauce*
Glazed Roast Pork*
NEW! Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Questions ? or Need a Previous Recipe not
write to Miss TVC: email@example.com
French Beef Soup
1 Can (12 oz)
|Stew Beef or Sirloin Cut into
Mixed Italian Seasoning
Beef or Chicken Stock
Diced Rutabaga (or Fresh Rutabaga, peeled and diced)
Diced Tomatoes & Chilis
Shredded Mozzerella Cheese
Sliced Mozzerella Cheese
- Heat olive oil and garlic in large pot.
- Add beef, celery, diced onion, salt,
pepper and seasoning. Sauté until one side of beef
- Reduce heat to medium. Add sliced onions.
continue to brown until onions are transparent,
stirring occassionally to keep vegetables from
- Add port, stock, rutabaga.
- Add only enough water to bring fluids
1-inch above meat and vegetables.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer one
- Cover. Turn off heat and let sit for
- Sample taste beef for tenderness. If not
quite tender, simmer 30 minutes.
- When beef is done, add chopped tomato and
chilli. Let cool to warm.
*** NOTE: Soup is more flavorful if refrigerated
at least 24 hours. ***
- Ladle warm soup into individual soup
crocks or oven-proof bowls. Leave space at top for
- Add 1 handful (1/2 cup) shredded
mozzarella. Top with slice of mozzerella just big
enough to slightly hand over side.
- Place in 375 degree oven. Bake until
cheese has melted and is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Let rest 5 minutes.
||Frozen Phyllo Dough
Boneless Chicken Breast
Green Bell Peppers
- Thaw phyllo in refrigerator over night.
1 sheet = 2 servings.
- Place bell peppers on cookie sheet Place
in 450° oven until outer skin blackens. Remove
from oven. Peel skin from pepper, remove center
and cut peppers into 4 pieces.
- Place 1 sheet phyllo, unfolded, on cutting
board. Brush lightly with melted butter.
- Cut phyllo into 4 pieces - lengthwise.
- Place 1 piece horizontally on board. Place
2nd piece vertically over the first one-forming a
- Trim skin flat, cartilage from chicken
breast. Cut in half.
- Place 1/4 bell pepper at center of phyllo.
- Place 1/2 chicken breast at center of
phyllo on top of pepper.
- Drizzle 1/2 tsp. lemon juice over chicken.
- Place 2 Tblsp feta on top of chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese with 1/2 tsp. tarragon.
- Fold 1 length of phyllo up over cheese.
Brush top with butter.
- Fold next length of phyllo up over the
first. Brush with butter.
- Continue with last 2 lengths.
- Place chicken packet on cookie sheet.
- Do all pastries the same way, leaving 2"
between them on cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in 375° oven. Bake
until golden brown--approximately 30 minutes.
- Let rest 5 minutes. ------ Serve.
2 Cans (15 oz)
2 Cans (12 oz)
|Bread - Cut into Cubes
- In medium bowl, pour milk over bread. Mix
until all pieces are wet. Set aside.
- In small bowl, mix together 2 Cups of
sugar, 1 tsp. salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- In VERY large bowl, beat eggs. At low
speed, mix in pumpkin. Add sugar mixture - stil
until blended. Slowly stir in evaporated milk.
- Add bread mixture to pumpkin mixture. Beat
- Stir in chocolate chips, raisins, nuts and
- Pour mixture into large oven-proof bowl or
- Place in 425° oven. Bake 30 minutes;
reduce heat to 350°; bake 1 hour or until knife
inserted near center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes.
Pour nutmeg sauce over top--use knife to gently
pull sides away from bowl so sauce can run down
- Cool 2 hours. Serve or chill and serve.
- Dry or leftover bread of any kind can be
used --or, any combination of bread, donuts,
- If a large enough baking bowl is no
available, use 2 bowls or casseroles. Bake at 425
for just 15 minutes and then 350° for 1 hour or
until knife comes clean.
- This makes 12 to 18 servings. Recipe can
be easily halved.
In small pan, mix together sugar, cornstarch and
salt. Slowly add boiling water, stirring constantly
to prevent lumps. Add butter. Bring to a boil. cook,
stirring constantly, until thick. Remove from heat.
Stir in nutmeg.
© 2000 - 2019 TNT-SOIUTH / The Virtual